Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another good reason to never cohabitate with a woman

Today I received links to a couple of stories that I'm going to share with you all. In case anyone reading this isn't entirely convinced that it's a bad idea to cohabitate (live with) a woman, even if you're not married, maybe this will help you out.

The first link

The second link

Yes, the second one is 5 years old. I had never seen it before. Heck, it was only recently that I'd even HEARD OF anything like this before.

If you're one of those guys who won't click on links, or you're reading this on a phone that is a pain to open multiple windows with, I'll sum it up.

You don't have to knock up a woman, or even marry her, for her to be able to get the court to loot you. Just living with one is enough. Vagimony for an ex-girlfriend who simply tells a sympathetic judge that you had a verbal agreement to support her even if the two of you broke up.

Insanity!

I'd heard about this kind of thing in Canada (where the .gov considers people who live together for 2 years or longer to be married) and Australia (where ex-mistresses and ex-girlfriends can take half of your stuff and half of your retirement), but this is the first I've heard of it in the US.

I would say "I have no words", but the fact is I do. I have a lot. How many of them are fit to print, OTOH, is a different story altogether.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised by this, but the fact is, I'm not.

Anyone still have doubts as to whether the system and women collaborate to loot men of anything and everything?

No comments:

Post a Comment